Of all the models I've painted so far these are the ones I've enjoyed the least. Apart from getting them from a seller on ebay for a song, everything else I did went wrong on these:
- I ran out of spraycan primer before they were fully basecoated,
- My second can of spray was faulty and dribbled paint from underneath the nozzle all over my patio whilst I sprayed - I only noticed when I felt my hand was cold and wet and looked to find my fingers (and shoes!) were covered in black paint.
- My drybrushed purple just wouldn't go on for some reason - it took about 6 layers to get to the finish you can see in the photo. When doing the Rhinos and Landraiders earlier in the project I did it in one layer.
- I then had a nightmare painting the white paint on the missiles - just couldn't get an even finish.
In the end I gave up with a "these'll do".
Other Epic: Chaos-related stuff