Labels

Painting (355) GW (325) Games Workshop (324) Warhammer 40000 (228) Modelling (89) Astra Militarum (65) Imperial Guard (65) Epic (59) Chaos Marines (51) Space Marines (46) Tau (46) Airbrushing (44) Epic Chaos (44) Warhammer (43) Warhammer 30000 (39) Saga (31) Nurgle (29) Gripping Beast (27) Titan (27) IGTanks (25) Middle Earth SBG (25) Anglo-Saxons (24) Blood Bowl (22) Stormcrow Chapter (20) TauTanks (18) Orks (17) Wargames Table (17) Imperial Knights (16) Black Scorpion (15) Epic Ultramarines (15) Frostgrave (15) Pirates (15) Scenery (14) Age of Sigmar (13) Kings Of War (10) Moria (10) Undead (10) Vampire Counts (10) Angmar (9) Death Guard (9) Forgeworld (9) Mordor (9) Quick Tips (9) Stormcast Eternals (9) AAR (8) Barad Dur (8) Battle Report (8) Goblins (8) Unboxing (8) Wood Elves (8) Isengard (7) Nippon (7) Orcs (7) Siege (7) Wargames Factory (7) Building modular tiles (6) Dreadtober 2016 (6) Sentinels (6) Skaven (6) Vikings (6) Workshop (6) Beastmen (5) Dreadtober 2017 (5) Dropzone Commander (5) Garroting'em Forest (5) Hawk Wargames (5) Humans (5) UCM (5) Warriors of Chaos (5) Imperial Agents (4) Mantic (4) Ogres (4) Sci-Fi Ruins (4) Solar Auxilia (4) Adepta Sororitas (3) Adeptus Ministorum (3) Dwarfs (3) Sisters of Battle (3) Kharadron Overlords (2) Nazgul (2) Photography (2) Renedra (2) The Fellowship of The Ring (2) Trolls (2) Uruk-Hai (2) Amera Plastic Mouldings (1) Armies (1) Bolt Action (1) Cities of Death (1) Days out (1) Germans (1) Giant (1) Marauder (1) Necromunda (1) Necrons (1) Perry Miniatures (1) Reaper Miniatures (1) Warlord Games (1) em4 Miniatures (1)

Monday, 26 January 2015

Imperial Guard: Rebasing Project (Part 2 - Ratlings)

So after rebasing my Ogryns I moved on (in no particular order except they were next in the box) to my Ratlings.

You'll notice as I work through these units that a lot of my models are very old. I'm not sure exactly how old these chaps are, but they're certainly no spring chickens. Wait till you see some of the stuff I've got in this force in later posts!

To deal with these I kept the original bases as the textured sand that's on them is useful to the new scheme. I used a Dremel-type grinding tool to grind the green paint off the bevelled edge and brush-painted the base black before drybrushing white then adding snow, scatter, ballast and static grass.

Before:

And after:

More Imperial Guard-related stuff:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested to hear what you think. Please leave any comments you'd like to make here.