They are still a long way from being finished (they've still got no arms for a start!) but this is the general idea of what my army is going to look like:
Still to do:
- Oil washes to bring out the seams in the armour,
- Tidy up the cloth - at the moment it's black with a midnight-blue highlight which isn't coming across at all. I've also hit it in a few spots with the brown I used on the straps which will need tidying,
- Change the brown used on the gaiters, straps and belt. Not enough "depth" of colour,
- Improve the lenses on the helmets,
- Improve the backpacks a little,
- Belt buckle needs something, but I'm not sure what yet.
- Give them some arms, of course :-)
Generally, on reflection with a bit more paint in places these guys are looking more "urban winter" than "snow" camo which is what I was originally aiming for, but I like the scheme so I'm going to stick with it.
More Tau-related stuff: