Work hasn't been progressing as quickly as I'd like on this project but I'm still making progress which can only be positive, I guess.
I've focussed on the engine pods in my last session. I added a little grey to the black areas to pick them up a little as the contrast with the hulls was too severe. The main Devilfish hull in the photo below hasn't had this treatment yet:
I've added the same engine glow as I've used on my other Tau models, but haven't gone back over the edges of the vents yet with black - I'll get to that when I detail the models.
My intention next is to get the hulls of the other tanks up to the same stage as this one and then apply the grey highlights to them all to get them to the same stage as the engine pods. I've got a few errors to correct too (bits of overspray here and there).
After that I need to turn my attention to a bag of bits I haven't looked at yet - turrets, hatches, railguns and suchlike).
More Tau-related stuff:
Tau family album:
GW (242) Games Workshop (242) Painting (240) Warhammer 40000 (191) Astra Militarum (64) Imperial Guard (64) Epic (57) Modelling (53) Chaos Marines (44) Epic Chaos (44) Tau (40) Space Marines (36) Airbrushing (34) Saga (28) Warhammer (28) IGTanks (25) Anglo-Saxons (24) Gripping Beast (24) Stormcrow Chapter (20) TauTanks (18) Black Scorpion (15) Frostgrave (15) Pirates (15) Epic Ultramarines (13) Orks (13) Titan (13) Warhammer 30000 (12) Blood Bowl (11) Forgeworld (8) Imperial Knights (8) Nurgle (8) Quick Tips (8) Unboxing (8) Wood Elves (8) AAR (7) Battle Report (7) Nippon (7) Siege (7) Undead (7) Vampire Counts (7) Wargames Factory (7) Dreadtober 2016 (6) Kings Of War (6) Sentinels (6) Beastmen (5) Warriors of Chaos (5) Solar Auxilia (4) Dwarfs (3) Mantic (3) Ogres (3) Vikings (3) Photography (2) Renedra (2) Scenery (2) Armies (1) Cities of Death (1) Days out (1) Giant (1) Marauder (1) Necrons (1) Orcs (1) Perry Miniatures (1) em4 Miniatures (1)