Labels

Painting (353) GW (323) Games Workshop (322) Warhammer 40000 (228) Modelling (88) Astra Militarum (65) Imperial Guard (65) Epic (59) Chaos Marines (51) Space Marines (46) Tau (46) Airbrushing (44) Epic Chaos (44) Warhammer (43) Warhammer 30000 (39) Saga (31) Nurgle (29) Gripping Beast (27) Titan (27) IGTanks (25) Anglo-Saxons (24) Middle Earth SBG (24) Blood Bowl (22) Stormcrow Chapter (20) TauTanks (18) Orks (17) Wargames Table (17) Imperial Knights (16) Black Scorpion (15) Epic Ultramarines (15) Frostgrave (15) Pirates (15) Age of Sigmar (13) Scenery (13) Kings Of War (10) Undead (10) Vampire Counts (10) Angmar (9) Death Guard (9) Forgeworld (9) Mordor (9) Moria (9) Quick Tips (9) Stormcast Eternals (9) AAR (8) Barad Dur (8) Battle Report (8) Unboxing (8) Wood Elves (8) Goblins (7) Isengard (7) Nippon (7) Orcs (7) Siege (7) Wargames Factory (7) Building modular tiles (6) Dreadtober 2016 (6) Sentinels (6) Skaven (6) Vikings (6) Workshop (6) Beastmen (5) Dreadtober 2017 (5) Dropzone Commander (5) Garroting'em Forest (5) Hawk Wargames (5) Humans (5) UCM (5) Warriors of Chaos (5) Imperial Agents (4) Mantic (4) Ogres (4) Sci-Fi Ruins (4) Solar Auxilia (4) Adepta Sororitas (3) Adeptus Ministorum (3) Dwarfs (3) Sisters of Battle (3) Kharadron Overlords (2) Nazgul (2) Photography (2) Renedra (2) The Fellowship of The Ring (2) Trolls (2) Uruk-Hai (2) Amera Plastic Mouldings (1) Armies (1) Bolt Action (1) Cities of Death (1) Days out (1) Germans (1) Giant (1) Marauder (1) Necrons (1) Perry Miniatures (1) Reaper Miniatures (1) Warlord Games (1) em4 Miniatures (1)

Monday, 8 October 2018

Wargames Wasteland HQ (Part 13 - Scenics: Craters)

I've built a few more scenery pieces to add to my growing collection. This time it's craters.

Construction was as simple as can be: A hardboard base, to which I added a thick ring of PVA glue and laid on top of that a ring of gravel. When dried, I added another layer of PVA and another ring of gravel.

When that was dry, I smothered the gravel in PVA and scattered on some sand, massaging it into the cracks with my fingertips.

When that was dry, I painted the whole thing with a mix of black emulsion, PVA and sand to add texture to the whole base area.

A bit of drybrushing and some paint/snow/static grass and the result is as shown below:


More scenery stuff:
More wargames table stuff:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested to hear what you think. Please leave any comments you'd like to make here.