As such, my first post finds me firmly half-way through the work with the model based, all the green-stuff work done and painting complete on the lower-half of the model:
Any of you who are keen eyed may note that the waist on this model ends in a flat surface which is not usual for a knight. There's a good reason: I bought this model second-hand (thanks again, eBay!) and had utterly failed to notice from the photos posted on the auction that the model's previous owner had (for reasons only known to him/herself) attached the upper half of the model so that it was facing backwards.
Honestly. So the model was hack-sawed in two ("Cleft in twain" for Fantasy-oriented readers :) ).
It was nicely painted, and all the modelling work on the base is as it was when I bought it so I can only assume I got it from an experienced modeller. I guess it was probably a gaffe - the mini was clearly part painted before assembly (all the detail behind the face-armour had been painted) so I think it was probably mis-assembled at the last gasp. It must have been gutting for the previous owner and is probably why it ended up on eBay.
|The model before I started reconstruction.|